Thursday 26 January 2012

It Started Out so Well

Yesterday started out so well. We had a smooth morning and I was able to leave for Bible Study in plenty of time. Bible study was wonderful. It's such an incredible group of women and I always feel so encouraged. I then went to my sister-in-law's for lunch and we had a great afternoon. It's been so long since we've been able to get together. In fact, we had such a good time that it was 3pm when I left. I never intend to stay away from home that long but it always seems to happen. I still had to stop at the store, so I didn't get home until 15 minutes before the girls got off the bus.

This in and of itself makes for a crazy afternoon, but I also had to pick up Husband when he got off work. Dinner can be difficult on these nights because he can be done anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30. I generally have a casserole ready that can be in the oven when we leave and is ready as soon as we get home. However, I didn't have one ready yesterday because he didn't find out until late Tuesday that he would be coming home Wednesday. And of course, I was gone all day. Then I find out about 5pm that he won't be in until after 6. I had started working on a baked pasta dish once the girls were home, so at 5:30 I pulled it out of the oven, dished out enough for the kids and put it back to finish baking. While the kids ate I was able to clean up the kitchen. So far, so good. A little after 6 we're on our way out the door and get to the plant just as Husband arrives; home by 6:30. By now I'm famished, but Little Guy (who's had a rough day) is making it clear that he is ready for bed. It was 7pm before I finally got to eat. 8:30 I take the girls up to bed and they have this falling out that results in Kiddlet crying and Strong-Willed One promising to come downstairs if the other doesn't stop crying. Get that all dealt with and Little Guy wakes up screaming. Ugh.

The good news is that we made it through the day. The bad news? Husband had to leave again this morning and won't be back until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment