Thursday 19 January 2012

Early Start

We had an early start to the day today. It started with the my oldest waking me up after a bed dream sometime around 4am. She was back less than an hour later asking if she and her sister (who share a room) can turn on their light and play because they couldn't get back to sleep. Next thing I'm aware of is the loud click of their door latching followed by the crying of the little guy. It was 5:03am. Nobody did ever go back to sleep.

So, unusually, by 8am I had had my bath, my breakfast, gotten the dirty laundry to the basement and pulled tonight's dinner out of the freezer. Oh, and the little guy was already down for a nap. I will admit to laying down for 45 minutes after all that. I was starting to feel foggy, so I figured I'd better take advantage of the silence.

For dinner tonight we will be having Rib Eye Steak, Church Potatoes and carrots. I might even pull out some dinner rolls I have in the freezer. The little guy will be having left over chicken instead of steak and I may even give the oldest chicken as well since she doesn't like steak. No sense in wasting a good steak, right? And so you know, I rarely buy steak, but this came in our Santa's Choice food hamper.

One of the things I started working on yesterday is cleaning off my craft table and organizing my stamping/scrapbooking stuff. I used to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I love making cards and scrapbooking, but when our little guy unexpectedly came along I had to set it aside for a season. I just couldn't find a way to invest the time into crafting and still keep my priorities where they needed to be. Now the little guy is a bit older, both girls are in school full time and I'm itching to start crafting again. I wish I had taken pictures yesterday before I started, but I didn't think of it. However, I did take some this morning.


 




In addition to clean off the surfaces I'm also reorganizing. As the little guy became mobile I had to box up a bunch of stuff because he could have pulled the whole shelf down onto himself. Besides, reorganizing gives me a chance to see everything I have to work with. It's been almost a year since I last did anything with any of it.

Well, my little guy should be waking soon, so I'm going to go get at least one thing done before he wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment